A flawless Harry Potter marathon with friends, food and alcohol, is all but a dream. Because in reality, after a few hours, it gets pretty boring.
Well, things are about to change because here’s a deal that will make everyone pay attention and get wasted: HARRY POTTER DRINKING GAME!
There is a ton of Harry Potter Drinking games out there, but the perfect one would make watching the movies even more amusing. It’s about how alcohol will enhance the whole magical experience.
This is what the global Harry Potter fandom has been waiting for. The rules aren’t lengthy; so you can stop at one or finish all of the eight series. Just stick to the rules and get sloshed!
So, “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
1. FIRST CODE
Let’s take it step by step, shall we?
We begin the game by taking ONE sip at a time. The quantity of this sip is entirely your decision.
The First Code is relatively achievable. The events that would fall under this are the ones that repeat quite often and are guaranteed to get you tipsy before the big guys step in.
Degree of Enjoyment= 101/100.
Take ONE SIP every time when:
1. Harry uses the spell ‘Expelliarmus’.
2. Dumbledore gives advice.
3. Ron says, “Mental!”
4. Someone is being a jack ass to Harry.
5. Hagrid shouldn’t have said that.
6. Someone refers to Voldemort as The Dark Lord.
7. When a house wins or loses points.
8. Seamus blows up something.
9. Umbridge declares a new rule.
10. Fred and George speak in sync.
2. SECOND CODE
The fun has begun. Now this is where it gets interesting.
The Second Code demands that you take TWO Sips whenever the events from the movie correspond with the rules. So if you were planning to take giant single sips, you might just regret that.
These events are relatively less frequent than those under First Code. But do not worry; this will get you plastered for sure.
Take TWO SIPS every time, whenever:
1. Snape or Malfoy says, “Potter”
2. Anybody mentions Harry’s eyes.
3. Harry’s scar is paining or burning.
4. Hermione asks Harry not to do something and/or disagrees with him.
5. Harry and Snape make direct, uncomfortably long eye contact.
6. Umbrige makes you mad. (Trust me, you will like this one).
7. Dobby wants to keep Harry Potter away from harm.
8. Any house elf slaps/hits/harms itself for being a bad elf.
9. Sirius Black is mentioned.
10. Harry uses the Cloak of Invisibility.
3. THIRD CODE
Here it is. The boss; the master card -The Third Code.
This big guy needs you to finish your drink whenever you arrive at the respective scenes in the movies. FINISH THE WHOLE THING. Pretty cool, right?
If you are someone with a high alcohol tolerance then this should do it for you. Third Code will get everybody nicely wasted.
Don’t panic though; these events are pretty infrequent and this might just be your favourite part.
CHUG every time when:
1. Someone speaks in Parseltongue.
2. ‘Fawkes the Pheonix’ is shown.
3. Peter Pettigrew shows up.
4. Someone kisses.
5. Nagini slithers about.
6. Neville shocks everyone with his awesomeness.
7. Ron is jealous of anybody.
8. When Mad-eye Moody says “CONSTANT VIGILANCE!”
9. An Unforgivable Curse is used by a positive character.
10. Molly Weasley says, “bitch”. (Don’t forget to screech in excitement!)
4. FINAL CODE
Welcome to the final code. After all that sipping and chugging, won’t you need more drink in your glasses? Absolutely!
The Final Code is your cue to refill, making sure you never hold an empty vat. But wait… the deal is that you only get to refill when the rule asks you to. Not otherwise.
No reason to fret though, because these events are also quite common.
REFILL every time:
1. There is sexual tension between Hermione and Ron.
2. The Great Hall is decorated.
3. Somebody dies.
4. Marauder’s map is used/shown.
5. Fred & George do something naughty/pull a prank.
6. Owl mail arrives.
7. An Unforgivable Curse is used.
8. Someone has a bad feeling about this.
9. Harry passes out.
10. A Horcrux is found and/or destroyed.
That is all folks.
Will this game be as fun as promised? Only way to find out is to actually play the game. Here’s hoping that you make it through the series and reach this far! Because if we have learned anything from the movie series then we know that:
Drink responsibly, you guys. Because going bat shit crazy with alcohol or, as some people call it, binging can prove to be pretty nasty.
But get bashed nonetheless. After all, it is Harry Potter and it is a drinking game! Cheers.